Tuesday 21 July 2009

You can't mistake mother and daughter

I spent a little time on the photo on the left by masking different areas and putting a little colour into those areas. It is not a technique that I have used before and there may be a simpler way to get colour into a photograph but you can see what I have done so far. The cup is whiter the cake is pinker the wood is red/brown, the outfit is a paler pink. With a little more work it may look more realistic but I will investigate further to improve my technique.

On the right you can now see mother and daughter together. I was surprised to hear that the first photograph was taken in the late 1950s. The ashtray does date it a little but I had thought it was from the seventies. You won't be surprised to read that they are mother and daughter.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment