Monday 20 July 2009

Change the photo with a few more clicks

Following on from yesteday's blog I have continued to amend the photograph. The first thing I did was to improve the white dots. Then I decided to remove the picture above this lady's head. I didn't think it helped the picture especially as the line of the frame can be seen through her hair. I increaded the contrast a little but then I increased the contrast and decreased the brightness of the cake and everything on the table.

Time has faded the print and so it has lost contrast. It is easy to improve and even selecting part of the photo is a fairly easy technique. My favourite techniques are those that dramatically affect a photo with one click of a button. Making a photo sepia falls into this category and with a couple more clicks you get a vignette and the photo on the right.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment