Wednesday 22 July 2009

Right Place Right Time

I was travelling through the Lake District today (21st July) and I had my compact with me. The light was not brilliant. In fact there were some really heavy showers but on a couple of occasions we saw a little sunshine. I suppose I should always carry an SLR but compacts are convenient. You never know when you are going to take your best ever photograph.

I have a lot of admiration for landscape photographers. They must be very patient people. I like to ask for a smile and take a photo. With weddings it is even quicker than that as you don't have to ask for the smile. If I take a landscape photo and the lighting is good then it is not because I have waited for it. I have just been at the right place at the right time. This photo is of Lake Windermere. When I saw the sunlight coming through the clouds I thought this would turn out well in black and white. As it happens it makes little difference as the photo is almost monochrome anyway. Still, at least I gave monochrome some thought before taking the photo.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment