Thursday 28 May 2009

Inspiration in art

This photo shows my artistic side. I painted it, and I call it white on brick. I did paint the canvas as well and it looks very much like the original painting by Pablo Picasso. His work is called 'Dora Maar with cat'.

It is one of the most expensive paintings in the world (the one by Picasso) and I think that most of the cost is because of Picasso's name. The actual painting is fairly basic and easy to copy. In 2006 it sold for nearly £52 million. I am willing to let my painting go for just one million.

Seriously, there is a connection between art and photography. Both are concerned with perspective, proportion, colour, subject. There are many links and if you are looking for photographic inspiration then you may find it in art.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment