Friday 29 May 2009

Art can help choose your photo setting

I hope people don't actually look like Dora Maar from yesterday's blog, but you can find inspiration from art, not least how to pose your model. All you need is a cat to put on their shoulder and a chair that Vincent Van Gogh would be proud of.

I am showing the same canvas in the same position as yesterday but today you can also see another painting that I did in acrylic. Again it is a copy. I don't know the artist but if anyone can help then please let me know. Even if you knew Dora Maar I don't think you would recognise her from the painting. You may recognise the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. Again you can find inspiration from art by considering the perspective. Would you have taken a photo of the Arc de Triomphe from this position?

If you are on holiday it is worth looking at postcards. They are the most commercial views of the area, so start your photographic journey from these points.

Happy snapping

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment