Saturday 30 May 2009

Ambient Light

I went to a hotel today to take photographs for a balloon company who are adding to their products with these curtains that are backing for the top table at weddings.

You can see from this photo that there is light from windows coming from the left. there weren't enough curtains for all the windows and even with a sheet held up against the window you can see how much light was coming through as opposed to the light from the curtain. I wanted to use ambient light to show off the curtain but this result was not the atmosphere that I wished to create. I will show you how I changed photos on the computer in future blogs but one of the biggest changes was by using flash. It may surprise you that using flash can accentuate the lights in the curtain but I'll explain it tomorrow.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment