Saturday 12 September 2009

Sunderland Point Part One

We have had a lot of rain recently so it was nice to get out in the sunshine today. I went to Glasson Dock for only the second time in my life. It is just south and slightly west of Lancaster and it is south of the river Lune. The river winds through Lancaster and reaches the sea at Sunderland Point which is just across the river. It definitely winds because this row of houses at Sunderland Point is facing east. This means that I will have to go back and take this photo again in the early morning.

The photo on the left is about a third of the original photo. There was little of interest in the sky or in the estuary, hence the panoramic cropping. I will know next time to zoom in close. With the photo on the right I have tried to make up for the hazy sunlight by increasing the contrast a lot and decreasing the brightness a little. The cropping is a little tighter still and making it monochrome highlights the outline of the buildings.

You can see the changes on the computer but I will take this photo again when I am able to get to Glasson Dock and when we get our next nice morning, so don't hold your breath.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment