Sunday 26 April 2009

Robert Capa

I was talking about copyright last time because it would be really nice to show you a photo when I am writing about famous photographers. However if you have found this blog then you should easily find photos of famous photographers. I have written about George Rodger, Rocco Morabito, and Henri Cartier-Bresson and I have also written about Robert Doisneau on my French blog, frenchfornovices. Today I want to mention Robert Capa.

Like George Rodger, he took photos during World War II. He also photographed the Spanish Civil War and perhaps his most famous photograph is the photo of a loyalist at the moment of his death. If you only look at one of Robert Capa's photos then this is the one to look at. Whether this person died or not it is certainly a photo full of emotion. Try to spend more time with his photos in particular I was moved by his D-Day images.

In 1947, he founded an internation photo agency, Magnum Photos with Henri Cartier-Bresson, George Rodger and two other photographers, William Vandivert and David Seymour. Inspiration is everywhere so do spend time looking at the work of all these great photographers.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment