Friday 17 April 2009

The art and the architecture of the Midland Hotel

For the last few years I have been doing some wedding photography. I do enjoy the preparation, the day itself, and the work on the photos afterwards. I have not yet photographed a wedding at the Midland in Morecambe (see last blog). I do have a couple of weddings booked for the Midland but the reason that I was there is because I was asked to take photographs at a family celebration. While I was waiting I took some pictures.

The weather was wild. There are great views of Morecambe Bay from the hotel and even when the weather is bad you get great views of wild weather. I also had chance to look at photos on the walls. I could see how other photographers had interpreted the Midland and it saved me a lot of time. I chose my favourite view, braved the weather and took that photo. I didn't ask any family members to stand outside but I superimposed each individual photo of the family members onto the background of the Midland.

I am pleased that business is going well. In today's local paper, the Visitor (15th April) I read that a hotel operator, English Lakes Hotels Ltd has taken over from Urban Splash, the developer. The art and the architecture of the building are in great condition to be photographed.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment