Sunday 5 April 2009

The best advertising

I have been working on the photographs from the wedding yesterday, and I crop them to 6" x 4" so that I get them cropped exactly the way I want them to be printed. Not everybody has a computer and although I think that computers are wonderful and photographs on DVD are an excellent way to store and to show photos, there is still value in getting them printed.

I will talk about this wedding for the next few days as it is so fresh in my mind and there is so much to talk about. For instance, I always ask the bride and groom if they would allow me to put their photos on the internet, and I will have some photos on the website in the very near future. This gives their friends and family a chance to see some wedding photos wherever they are in the world. It is also good publicity for me because their friends and family can see some of my photos.

I give copyright to the bride and groom. I don't mind because this allows them to get any prints that they want, and it allows my work to be passed around to more people. There is no better advertising.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment