Thursday 25 February 2010

The words on the sign

From London to Edinburgh. These two photos are not typical images but they are a good record of what goes on. So now you know that you can buy fish, chips and beer all in the same shop/pub(?) I haven't heard of this before but now I have seen it and have the proof. I had heard of deep fried Mars bars but I thought it was folk lore. "Do you really fry Mars bars?" is a line from previous conversations and the answer is usually along the lines that they have heard of it but I haven't met anyone that has eaten one.

These photographs did present some technical difficulties. I have been telling you that the good news for my Edinburgh photos was that I carried round a tripod. Well these were taken with a compact and no tripod but I managed to rest on a rail that was next to the sign. The rail did prevent me from standing back and getting a photo from in front of the neon signs. I could have used this blog to show you how you could get round not being able to take the photo from in front of the signs. However I have shown you this sort of manipulation before (e,g, 13th and 14th January). The main reason for this blog is to show you the words of the sign.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment