Saturday 17 October 2009

Artificial Lighting

I showed you some photos of the Trafford Centre a couple of days ago. Inside the centre was a performance from a group called the charity dreamgirls who were singing in order to support a number of charities. This was not a 'photo shoot'. It was definitely one photo just at the end of their performance. I would have taken more because I like the way the lighting is set up for me (along with thousands of others), but they finished two seconds later.

The reason I am showing you this photo is because of the lighting. Even though we are indoors and at some distance from the subjects, there is little blurring because the lights are so bright. Have you noticed how much detail you can see? If you read the poster the words printed in white are much more legible than the red. It is worth remembering that if you are designing your own poster.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment