Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Yellow Duck Marine

I need to go back to Liverpool as there are so many more things that I want to do including taking a trip on the boat that you can see in the Albert Dock. It must be a great way to see the waterfront. It is actually an amphibious WWII landing vehicle and you get to see the city sites too. I glanced at the posters and I think there are quite a few tours, so maybe I need a few days in Liverpool.

The only difference between the photo on the left and the photo on the right is a conversion to monochrome. There is less dominance from the colourful brick buildings and the blue sky. Even with all the colour on the left, he 'Yellow Duck Marine' is much less obvious on the right. In other words the landing craft dominates the scene because of its colour. And I thought it was a play on the title of a Beatles' song.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment