Wednesday 16 June 2010

Modifying reproductions

I like to get a photo of the wedding rings and leave the ring in colour and convert the rest of the photo to monochrome. I don't take close-ups during the ceremony when the couple place the ring on each other's hand but it is nice to reproduce the scene.

You would never tell that this was a mock-up if I didn't tell you. I knew when I was taking it that I couldn't even see the ring but I also knew that the relaxed posture would make a nice photo anyway. On the right, as well as the obvious conversion to monochrome, I increased the contrast and made the photo darker. I think it works well but like any photo, it is a matter of personal taste. The wonderful aspect of the digital age is that if you don't like it then you have lost nothing as it is the same photo on the left. You never know, you might really like the photo.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment