Tuesday 22 June 2010

Variations on a theme by Novello

Not far from the National Assembly for Wales is this statue of Ivor Novello. I am afraid that I don't know much about him except that I have heard some of his music. I didn't know at all that he was a playwright or an actor. So there is something to be said for taking a photo of a plaque.

I could have straightened the photo on the left. I could have taken it with better lighting if I had waited for the sun to come out. I could have bought a postcard. However the important thing for me is that it is my photo so I can play around with it and the amendments are mine too. On the right I have straightened it and you may notice that I have done something with the contrast. There are lots of variations possible but I am quite happy with the silhouette. Now imaging working on a portrait of a friend, but the friend has to be willing to pose (sounds better than being a poser).

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment