Tuesday 15 June 2010

Name that museum

I was in the Louvre a couple of years ago and I noticed that photography was allowed around the sculptures but not around light-sensitive canvas or other materials. Their ruling was that flash photography was banned in certain areas - fair enough. This is an English museum and this is the foyer and I should give marks for recognising the museum. However this is the first and last photographs that I took indoors even though I didn't use flash.

I thought the architecture was quite impressive and this is not the sort of view that you would normally see on a postcard so it was worth taking the photo. Just around the corner I spoke with a guide and I asked about non-flash photography. It seems none is the operative word. I suppose this restriction is better than the number of people I saw using flash around the famous works of art in the Louvre. How long is the Mona Lisa going to last with all the light that strikes it?

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment