Sunday 13 June 2010

I admit they aren't my photos

Alright, I admit it. For the last three days the photographs have not been mine, but all the others have. A friend asked me if I could do anything with her holiday photos and in return I asked if I could use her photos on this blog. It was a biking holiday to Switzerland, Austria and France and all photos were taken with a mobile phone. I don't know the number of megapixels in the camera and I don't know the quality of the lens but the photos are fine.

In this case the Alps are the background but I prefer the closer cropping, the increased contrast and the conversion to sepia on the right. Maybe the quality from a phone is not the same as from an SLR but it generally doesn't matter if you are making small prints and it really doesn't matter if you like the final result, noise and all.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment