Wednesday 9 June 2010

St George's Hall

I don't think this is the best view of St George's Hall in Liverpool but the photo on the left is one that I took when I got off the bus. I think you can still tell that it is a grade I listed building even from this side and if you like your architecture neo-classical then this is a building for you.

The interesting thing from a photographic point of view is the lighting. On the left we have the late morning and on the right it is the late afternoon. If you have the time and want the best photo that you can take then wait for nice weather and know when the sun will give the best image. It isn't when the sun is directly in front or behind the subject. When sunlight is from the side it adds depth due to the shadows.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment