Tuesday 5 January 2010

Photography or Videography?

I much prefer photography to videography. I like to be in full control of the final image. I like the ability to use the rule of thirds for the composition of the photo. If someone is walking along a path then composition rules change all the time. In fact I feel there is so much more control in any aspect of photography rather than videography.

I also like the better quality of image in still photography. In general the image on a screen is around a third of that in print. To put it another way the same quality of photo could be enlarged onto a screen three times the size of the photo. I have very good quality enlargements on my wall that are A1. Have you seen your television screen freeze? If there is any movement you can see a blur, but you don't detect blur if the image doesn't stop. Our eyes accommodate for the movement.

It's not all bad for videos. At weddings they can easily record the speeches. The problem I have with this is that I don't like my own voice. I particularly like placing readings next to brides and grooms. If you haven't seen it you can see examples in the blog on Friday 13th November 2009.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment