Tuesday 24 November 2009

A story of the statue

About an hour later than yesterday's blog I was in Dalton Square. Lancaster Town Hall is behind me. The subject of this photo is the fine statue of Queen Victoria which is hiding Buck Ruxton's surgery.

It's November and it is mid-afternoon and it just isn't worth taking photos of most buildings because they are in shade. Buildings come to life when sunlight hits them. The sunlight hits this statue through trees and its alright, but if I could control the sun I would like the base to be lit as well (it would have been a lot easier if I had been here an hour earlier).

There is a story about a student rag week. I understand that there used to be toilets near Dalton Square and the students had painted large footsteps from the statue to the toilets and back again. The toilets are no longer there but the story lives on.

Happy snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment