Thursday 19 November 2009

Can you see the join?

The rules of composition that were broken yesterday are now used to good effect. That space with nothing in it can be used to add some words. It doesn't have to be words. You could put two photos together. At weddings I like to stand back from the venue with the bride and groom and take a photo with plenty of grass or road. Basically I take the photo with space to allow for the addition of photos like photos of the bridesmaids.

I don't like spending money if I don't have to. The background last week was Andy's curtains. This week it is an ordinary piece of black cloth. It's not even a big piece of cloth. I had to work on the computer to extend the cloth and get the space for the words. See if you can find the join. I bet you can't.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment