Tuesday 10 November 2009

More remarkable photos

I make no apologies for writing about Andy Bell again. It isn't everyday that you get the chance to photograph a former Mr Britain. Andy took 29 of his 43 years to get like this and this includes a setback involving afractured left arm and left leg. The scars have healed well but you can still see them even if they are not visible on these photos. In fact doctors told him that he would never walk again. This makes these photos even more remarkable.

As for the photos, I have increased contrast again and made them darker for the same reason as in previous blogs - to increase definition of the muscles. When I am indoors I generally point the flash to the ceiling. I started like this with Andy and although it stops the shadow, it does make the head brighter and because the fake tan didn't go on his head there was quite a contrast between head and face. It's not a bad rule to follow and my first thoughts will continue to be point the flash upwards.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment