Monday 2 November 2009

Spot the senior presenter

When I played rugby I played on the wing and my preference was for the number 11 shirt which is the left winger. My thinking was that I kick with my right foot so it is easier for me to find touch on the left wing. I also thought that most people are right handed and it is slightly easier to pass to the left than it is to the right so the ball would get to me a little quicker on the left wing. Now it is obviously a generalisation. Not everyone is right handed and not everyone passes the ball quicker to the left. So let's talk about my generalisations about photographic composition.

On the 16th August of this year I wrote about composition and I mentioned how we read from left to right and generally our eye wanders from left to right in a photo. Well I can add to this by looking at the hierarchy of news presenters. See if you can spot it yourself but for me it is quite clear. The senior presenter is on the left of the screen.

Even if you didn't have an opinion when you started as a TV presenter, you would definitely see where the senior reporters sit. I wonder if a presenter looks at photographs differently.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment