Sunday 2 May 2010

Right Place Right Time

I look upon Morecambe Bay as one of the finest backgrounds for wedding photographs or portraits, but it is also one of the finest views in Europe. It is also a haven for wildlife and many species of bird inhabit the bay. On the right is a photo that I took a few weeks ago. I was walking along the prom with my dog and saw the birds at the water's edge. I walked closer to them as I had no tripod. I only had my compact camera with me but it was an opportunity to take a wildlife photograph.

The picture is alright. It shows birds in flight as well as the bay, but I particularly like the snow on the mountains in the Lake District. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to be a wildlife photographer. It was good to take one photograph during a walk but I should have waited for the birds to arrive, to do whatever they had to do at the water's edge, and then fly off without the disturbance of someone walking near them. I could have done with a tripod and an SLR too. Landscape photographers have a similar problem but they have to wait for the weather. You never know - you just might be in the right place at the right time.

Happy snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment