Monday 31 May 2010

Laurel and Hardy

I was in Ulverston yesterday and took these photos of the famous statues. The same sculptor gave us Eric Morecambe and there are many similarities of style.

Stan Laurel was born in Ulverston but he managed to get a statue with his partner unlike Eric who is on his own. The street lamp is another addition and you can just see the dog by Ollie's feet. The photo on the right is in monochrome because it emphasises the statues rather than the background. I find the colour on the left is a little distracting. I am also not too keen on the lamp post. I did step back and take the full statue but then you don't get the detail in the photo. There is detail on the right but then you get the post dividing the two of them. I'll show you more photos of them tomorrow.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment