Sunday 30 May 2010

Painting Morecambe Bay

Both of these photos show Morecambe Bay and the one on the left is on my website's gallery page which may be found at http://gradwellphotography.co.uk/gallery-other.html

This week I was asked if I could print off this photo so that it could be painted. I was very pleased to say yes and any artists out there are also welcome to pick any photo and paint it. I did increase the saturation (intensity) of the colours just a little but with the photo on the right I increased it a lot along with brightness and contrast. It was quite a dull day and the boats were in the distance. I was quite surprised that I was able to produce this image but if you have the time it must be better to go back when the weather conditions are better.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment