Monday 29 March 2010

Preparations for the big day

We have moved on from the wedding venue to the reception and here is a typical modification that I like to make with my wedding photographs. During the preparations for the wedding I take photos of the bride and groom separately looking into a mirror or picture frame and then superimpose a photo from the day. If I were writing artistically I would say the airbrushed image is a metaphor of their thoughts, but it could be exactly what they are thinking.

I like the photo on the right. This pose shows of the back of the dress, if I stood back a little more, and it also mimics the photo of the bride being given away earlier in the day. It is good to use the pre-wedding meeting as a means to look at backgrounds for the photos, but it is also nice to prepare in general for the big day.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment