Monday 25 October 2010

Relief Map Take Two

On the 16th October I asked you to watch this Eric Gill space. I showed you the two photos that I had taken of the whole mural in the Midland Hotel in Morecambe. This time I have joined the two halves together. I didn't stand back and take one photo for a number of reasons. The flash would not have been as good and I would have had more chairs and tables in the way.

I don't think you can see the join. If you can then send me a comment. Both of these photos are in the proportion 6:4. I have had to compress the length a little so that the mural fitted these proportions. I have removed a table sign and an amplifier and on the right, apart from the tighter cropping, I have converted to sepia. I think this highlights the detail and improves on the original.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment