Saturday 21 March 2009

Who wants to see the weeds anyway?

This is Morecambe Town Hall and I took this photo just before sunset on Wednesday 18th March. I have a few things that I want to say about this photo. I want to amend it a few times, and you will see it in black and white and sepia. Then you will see the effects of cropping and finally I will put a Warhol slant on this photo, so you will see these blogs below as it will take more than one blog.

Compare these two photos. I have taken the marks off the path and a few weeds off the lawn. It must be the wrong time of year for weeds, or maybe the council are looking after the lawns. In my wedding photography I usually take the weeds off the lawn, because I do not feel this is too intrusive and still represents reality. The lawn may have been cut the day before, so taking out the weeds is not too far from reality, and who wants to see the weeds anyway?

Happy snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment