Monday 2 March 2009

Colour and black and white


One of the techniques that I like to use is making part of the photo colour and the rest black and white. This is a very easy technique digitally and you just select an area then make it black and white. Commonly you will see the bride's bouquet in colour and the bride in black and white. I like to use the same technique when the bride is walking down the aisle and I leave the bride, her father and the groom in colour. Of course the original photo is given to the bride and groom as well as the black and white photo.

Here is an example of this technique. I took a photo of the groom and the best man walking towards the church. I left the two of them in colour and this really draws your eye to the two of them. There are lots of other things that I could have done to lead the eye and I'll write about them in later blogs.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment