Friday 4 December 2009

More Favourite Tips

I share my photography tips with you when I write every photography blog and each tip could be a favourite if it relates to what I want to do. When I take wedding photographs I like to take the bride and groom away from the venues so that the background is relevant and fully in view. it only takes a minute to walk this far away so this must be one of my favourite tips. It's not just for weddings as you can use great backgrounds on holiday or even in Morecambe.

I also like to get the bride and groom to look at a mirror or a picture on the wall and when I get home I superimpose a photo of them onto the wall. It doesn't take much skill but I suppose it is like anything. If you can't do it then you can't do it. One of the simplest techniques on the computer is to convert to monochrome or sepia but this could be a favourite technique. I think that photos are totally transformed with these techniques. You can start to look at form rather than bright colours.

Having written about great backgrounds, I also like to take out distractions from the background. Very often a simple crop takes out the unwanted item but I will often clone them out. It is impossible to tell that this has been done if you work on grass or any natural background. I have published some photographs on www.gradwellphotography.co.uk where you can see the 'before' and 'after' on the secrets page. You already have my favourite tip - enjoy what you are doing.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment