Tuesday 8 December 2009

Looking for the truth

I have a black background, a white background and this cloudy effect. I have scores of other backgrounds but they are computer generated and some people don't like computers to provide backgrounds in photography as they see it as false.

A few days ago I wrote about why we take photos. I don't think that there is ever just one reason why a photo is taken but if the main reason is to create a form of art then the 'truth' of the photo doesn't really matter. We can create our own truth about art.

It isn't actually true that the photo on the right was sepia. It is a computer generated change in colour, as is the slight vignette around the edges. I don't think anyone would complain about this photo telling lies but it is interesting to think about how you would define the truth.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment