Thursday 22 April 2010

Flash and ambient light

Today I have chosen two monochrome photos. On the left I have taken a standard pose with the register. The background is a partition and I decided that the divisions in the partition were not pleasing to the eye. It was an easy technique to remove them and I think it worked quite well. As I pointed the flash towards the ceiling the lighting looks like it is coming from above - the way it generally does. The added bonus is that you don't get harsh shadows, which may be seen if you point the flash directly at the subject.

On the right I wanted to turn the flash off and use the ambient light. I took this photo as the reception line was forming to greet the guests. The room was fairly dark and I knew that if I was going to get a good photo then the bride and groom needed to remain still. What better way of getting this photo than asking them to kiss.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment