Sunday 22 February 2009

Wedding Photography - classic poses


I don't think that you can get through a wedding day without taking the classic poses. The signing of the register, the first kiss, walking down the aisle - you know what I am talking about. However I always have a favourite photo of the day and it is hardly ever one of these standard poses.

When I am taking photographs at a wedding I have another photographer with me. They take photos from a different angle of the same scene or they just take photos from a distance while I am setting up those usual poses or the group photos.

I feel that my photos should be the best. People are looking at me and smiling, but when the bride and groom pick up their photos generally they tell me their favourite photos, and more often than not it is the other photographer who gets the acclaim.

A friend came to me who had just bought a compact digital camera and she had not used it before. She had taken one photo of the bride and groom as they walked down the aisle. It was taken at an angle , it needed cropping and I blurred the people in the congregation who detracted from the focus on the bride and groom and they dominated the picture. It turned out to be a great photo.

So the morals of this story are firstly, never discard a photo. Computers have huge inexpensive memories. Secondly, just because there is a photographer at the wedding, it may well be you who gets the best picture of the day.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment