Friday 4 February 2011

Lancaster versus York

On Friday 21st January I was starting to show you photos of my recent visit to York. In my politics blog on the same day I was comparing York with Lancaster. I admitted that York has a lot more going for it but one great advantage to Lancaster is its physical geography. The point of the blog was to highlight the great advantage Lancaster had when comparing castles. Unfortunately most of Lancaster's castle is only open to prisoners but things are changing.

Just take a look at Lancaster Castle's gatehouse on the right. I know that you can't see most of the castle in this photo but it does look much grander than Cliffords Tower in York which is seen on the left. In this particular example I prefer Lancaster over York.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment