Tuesday 18 January 2011

Real versus virtual?

I visited the Lancaster Maritime Museum on Saturday and a fine museum it is too. I know that I have to go back when I have at least two hours to spare. You can't take photos inside the building but I am happy with that. My one proviso is that I would have liked my own copy of an old photo of Morecambe's Super Swimming Stadium.

It wasn't a great day for taking photos. It was a great day for going into a museum and there were postcards for people to buy in their shop. There are many displays that take some time to fully appreciate. I would suggest that the way forward is for virtual museums. Maybe they are there and I just haven't found them. Maybe virtual museums who take visitors away from the real thing, but my feeling is that virtual museums would lead to much greater participation

No comments:

Post a Comment