Wednesday 26 January 2011

Looking for backgrounds

At pre-wedding meetings I like to see the backgrounds, in particular look for the site for the main group photos. You can do this mainly by walking around the building but we have chosen the site for this main group on the strength of photos advertising the venue. I am not keen on reinventing the wheel and if there is an example of a good pose or background then I am willing to use it.

We also had a look round indoors. The balusters look nice enough in this photo and the whole staircase was lovely but in general I prefer outdoor backgrounds. It is important to look for places to take the photos but expressions are much more important. On the day I take two photos of everything. As for the pre-wedding meetings one is sufficient and you can still convert one to monochrome or sepia or any number of effects.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment