Tuesday 27 July 2010

Blatant Advertising

I thought that I had finished the blogs from last week's wedding but while I was waiting for the meal to finish I noticed that there were quite a few framed photographs in the bar. I asked if there was room for one more and the owner was happy to add one more to his collection.

I wanted my photograph to stand out. Well monochrome stands out in a field of colour and I have already written that I prefer this particular photo in monochrome anyway. It was a fairly simple technique to add a speech bubble and a few words. There is a slight gap at the top of the bubble but this allows for space taken by the frame. Saying something nice about the venue may lead to a prominent position for the photo, and last but not least I added my website address.

The only thing left to do was to check that it was alright to put words into the bride's mouth. It was and eight days after the wedding this framed photo was handed over to the owner of the venue.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment