Tuesday 20 July 2010

An arty grainy feel

Photos may be colour, monochrome, sepia or many other variations on this theme. I have my preferences and you will have yours, but the wonderful thing about digital technology is that it is not difficult to offer many variations of the same photo.

This photo was fairly straightforward and doesn't need explanation, but I like the expression. This means that I amend it to monochrome and sepia. As you can see on the right I also increase the contrast and cropped it quite a lot. You lose quality when you do these things to a photo, but it gives it an arty, grainy feel. I also feel that sepia gives an effect like a suntan and a darker version means more suntan. You don't need to go on holiday with photo amendments - just tweak the software.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment