Thursday 25 November 2010

Perspective or Magnification

There were protests across the country yesterday and I happened to be in Lancaster. You can see my political comments at http://politicsfornovices.blogspot.com/ but here I will discuss the photos.

I am aware that some people may not want their picture on a blog so I wanted a photo which did not identify individuals. Having said that, these protesters should be willing to accept that they are advertising their cause.

I zoomed in to make it look like the policeman was closer to the crowd. Basically the zoom magnifies the image. It doesn't change the perspective as you are still in the same place however much you zoom in. In one sense it doesn't matter if you confuse perspective with magnification. The most important aspect of any photo is to like the photo.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment