Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Musee d'Orsay 2

No photographs were allowed in the museum. I was pleased with this ruling because I had been round the Louvre a couple of years earlier and most of the visitors did not understand that flash photography would damage the canvases. Of course flash would not damage statues. Maybe constant touching would damage them as you do see steps that are worn in the centre. Howwever I wonder how long it would take for the statues to show signs of wear with light touch.

These statues are outside the main entrance to the Musee d'Orsay where there is no restriction on photography or on touching. I saw one person in the queue tapping the rhino. I don't think he did any damage but he did show that he could interact with art.

Happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment